30 January, 2007

Howdy, St. Thomas!

Just a quick note for any folks who are reading the blog for the first time because you were directed here by my article in the parish monthly newsletter. You found me!

The sabbath-themed posts that brought you here are below (scroll down or follow the links under the archive to the right).

I call this blog "Ink Smudges," and you, who have seen my fingers, know that they are usually stained with ink. (when I'm feeling liturgically correct, the ink I use is the color of the church season) I call the semi-regular newsletter column "Margin Smudges" because first, I'm not that creative, and second, my original intent was to offer reviews and comments on whatever I was currently reading. The problem is that I have a limit on my Clarion article of about 250 words, and it's hard to do substantive comments in such a short space.

There are a few parishioners who are regular readers, but most of them make comments in person, rather than posting them here. I never published my blog address before, and I'm not sure why. Probably because I wasn't sure at first that I was going to continue, and then because I didn't always have things to write about on a regular basis.

Anyway, enjoy the sabbath conversation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the invitation. I enjoyed reading your blog and will be back

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

I always enjoy a good Sabbath conversation!

I had a look around your blog and i really enjoyed reading some of the stuff you had on here, not only because it is intelligent but also because it is deeply interesting!
I also love the innovative "ink smudges" thing.

Its great reading this and i will definitely be a frequent reader of this wonderful blog.

-Jona