12 January, 2006

...and make him a priest in your church

Here the Bishop lays hands upon the head of the ordinand, and prays:
Therefore, Father, through Jesus Christ your Son, give your Holy Spirit to Cristopher; fill him with grace and power, and make him a priest in your Church.


I felt it.

Didn't expect to. But God has a way of doing things I don't expect.

I need to think about it for a few days before trying to tell the story or describe.




It was glorious fun. Packed church. Friends from California, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Houston, Dallas, Friendswood, Austin, including one from California who showed up unannounced at the last minute. Still have houseguests. The feasting and celebration continues.

10 comments:

Dallas said...

Congratulations, bro. I look forward to hearing the story.

Julie said...

Many blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and may the Lord continue to use the hell out of you! I was so sorry not to have been able to come. When I heard Jennifer Worley got to come, add jealous.

Blessings to you and to your family, and on your ministry.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. May God continue to bless you! I know it must have been a great day for you and your family. We think about you often and hope to see you back in California sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Cristopher- we are so excited for you. Congratulations my friend. Yea! for the Episcopal Church!- K, B & K

Anonymous said...

Congrats Christopher, you rock! The Episcopal church needs you. Thanks.

Kath and I miss you guys greatly. Take care.

- Brian

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Cristopher! God has great things planned for you, friend. As Brian said, the Episcopal Church needs you.

Peace,

Pat.

Anonymous said...

We love you! Congrats!
Take Care!

-The Mettlers

meeegan said...

Wheee!!!

Anonymous said...

You darn well better have felt it...I was trembling from the aftershock my own self :)

Love you!
J+