08 September, 2007

the other side of the world

So, here I am in Zanzibar. And here's a quick blog post, just because it's cool to post from the other side of God's world.

We saw the sites today of some caves where slaves were kept before being sold at the markets, and the cathedral built on the site of the slave market. I was invited to preside at worship and preach there--talk about intimidating! I'll get through somehow. God is good.

This afternoon, I'm engaging in a little sabbath time with my host and friend Masalakulangwa.

Can't download pictures, unfortunately, but I'll post a couple when I get home.

3 comments:

meeegan said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience of that service at the cathedral. Safe travels home!

Real Live Preacher said...

Wow, Zanzibar

Tripp Hudgins said...

Zanzibar?!