20 July, 2007

PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THE ENDING

We've had something of a family tradition--I read the first six books out loud to my beloved, in way-over-the-top pythonesque accents, thankyouverymuch.

She has asked me to do the same with the last one, which means that it will take us at least a week to ten days to get to the end.

Don't tell me what happens, or I ain't gonna be your friend no more.

* * * * * * * * *

Post script--
Until we are finished with the book, I will not be reading anonymous comments posted to the blog, opening emails from unknown addresses, answering blocked phone calls, or reading billboards on the side of the highway.

Constant Vigilance!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No spoilers here - I'm limiting myself (for values that include "trying to") to a single chapter per day.

It's all Shannon's fault - she reserved me a copy and gave be a gift card with which to pay, so we couldn't follow our family, er, "tradition" of waiting until it comes out in paperback.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and for the record:

http://www.multiplexcomic.com/archive.php?name=151

Anonymous said...

I read it to our teens. So don't tell me either :)

Anonymous said...

Oh for a recording of that! :)
meg

Anonymous said...

I'm practicing CONSTANT VIGILANCE too, this whole week.